Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Drobo customer service story...

Wow, I don't usually have a lot of good things to say these days about customer service with any company. Yesterday was different... I use a Drobo (Data Robotics) backup drive for all of our 5280 data. This weekend after many years of working flawlessly, it started constantly restarting over and over.

I emailed their customer service team who got me in touch with tech support. I spoke with them about doing all of the troubleshooting tips that were online. After 5-10 minutes the tech support person said that he would send me a new one with next day shipping. Unbelievable as it was out of warranty so I shouldn't have even been able to talk to tech support but tried anyway. Well, I'm happy to say that today I rec'd the replacement ($1500 retail) Drobo Pro via Fedex with a return shipping label for my dying one.

Truly the best customer service experience that I've had in recent years!! Way to go Drobo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment